Sleep Under the Stars Nursery (An Update)

At 26 weeks pregnant, we figured we should really get going on little boy's nursery!  Since I have delivered 4 weeks early with my other two pregnancies, we figure it's a good idea to finish ours early.  The last few weeks I might (but hopefully won't!) be on bed rest.  Therefore, when I'm still in the "feel good" stage of pregnancy, we usually get busy & get to work!

We didn't have that much work to do for this nursery because all the furniture was staying the same!  Little girl had been sleeping in here and we bought very gender neutral furniture that can easily be translated to a boy.



I made this mood board a few weeks back as an idea of what we were going for.  The main thing that hasn't stayed the same?  The paint color!  We tried a pretty gray like the photo above and in our home, with the lighting, and the space, it looked SO cold!  It reminded me of a hospital and in case you're wondering, that isn't really the look we were going for.

We eventually settled on Early Morning Mist by Benjamin Moore.  It's very understated and has a bit of gray and beige in it.  It's absolutely calming and perfect for the space!

While we aren't done (we still have a gallery wall, bedding, etc), here's where we're at today!


 We're loving the progress!  We thought about making the teepee ourselves and eventually decided to just buy it.  BEST decision ever!  I got it off etsy (BE Little You and Me) and the price was really reasonable.  It took two seconds to set up and this baby is going to have so much fun playing in there one day!

The curtains are a Home Goods find (I had seen some on Land of Nod but they were $50/ panel!  That would be $200!  NO WAY!).  These were $40 total ($10 a panel) and were perfect.  I didn't want anything distracting from the pops of color I had planned around the rest of the room (gallery wall is obviously goign above the changing pad).

The bunting in the background was designed by me and the rug is from Joss & Main.  Got it for < $100 and honestly, it might be my favorite piece. Crazy huh?  It's just a plain rug.  It's just so perfect for what we wanted that it makes me giddy.


The other side of the room is moving along too.  Our print by Katie Daisy is surrounded by a wooden Hobby Lobby frame.  The shelves, crib, and chair are all ikea from the old nursery.  We made the chalkboard ourselves.  The lamp, trash can, and lamp are all Target finds.  The lantern is Hobby Lobby and the globe is from TJ Maxx.

As for the bedding, the blanket is staying.  I made that blanket when I was about 9 years old and we couldn't believe it has stars all over it! TOO perfect!  Such special meaning and though it's not a perfect match decorating wise, it's definitely a perfect match for our family. :)

The mobile has a fun story behind it.  I was going to make one myself but then hubby & I took an overnight babymoon 2 weeks ago and found this at the art museum's giftshop we went to.  It has birds all over it, including a cardinal (which holds a lot of significance to my family).  It looks awesome!


I'm loving the progress of the room and can't wait to finish it up over the next few weeks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Stay Connected

The Archive

Categories